|Title: Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Sources: Jo's Deli
Makes 12 cups
130g cake flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
125g cream cheese, at room temperature
135g butter, at room temperature
145g castor sugar
1 tsp grated lemon rind
2 nos. medium (Grade B) eggs, at room temperature
1 tbsp lemon juice
40g icing sugar, sifted
1 tbsp lemon juice
12 large paper cups
1. Line muffin pan with paper cups.
2. Sift cake flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and cream cheese until light and creamy for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add castor sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice.
6. Finally, fold in sifted flour in (1).
7. Divide batter evenly into paper cups. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degC for 40 minutes (Note 1).
8. Remove the pan from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan (Note 2). Cool on wire rack. (Note 3)
9. Meanwhile, prepare lemon glaze. Heat lemon juice in microwave on high for 15 seconds. Pour into sifted icing sugar and whisk till smooth.
10. Fill lemon glaze into a piping bag and use a writing nozzle to pipe the glaze onto cupcakes. Decorate with lemon zest and other decoration of your choice. Chill before serving.
I was using gas oven which required 40 minutes baking time at 200 degC. For conventional or convection oven, please reduce temperature by 20-25 degC and baking time should be adjusted to 20-30 minutes in total.
The cakes are too soft to be moved yet.
The cheese cupcakes are expected to shrink a little after cooling.
Adapted from 'Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcake', Tempt, Cupcakes to Excite, by Betty Saw
|Authored by: Laily Rahman on Sat, Mar 31st, 2007 at 7:30 AM
This question has been viewed 10796 times so far.
|Online URL: http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/question.php?ID=573
Powered by phpkb
from Chadha Software Technologies (INDIA)